DIG SAFELY OREGON – PROTECT YOURSELF, KNOW THE LAW
Come learn how we are trying to make excavation safer for everyone in Oregon and protect our States underground infrastructure at a Damage Prevention Forum, sponsored by The Oregon Utility Notification Center.
Digging or excavating in rights-of-way or easements without calling for locates can cause serious injury or possibly death. Strictly adhering to the Oregon Dig Safely law protects everyone performing digging or excavation activities, while maintaining utility reliability for customers. The OUNC board is directly responsible for the governance of the Oregon Dig Safely Law and it provides free training sessions concerning the law throughout the state.
Please join the Oregon Utility Notification Center Board of Directors at any of our FREE Damage Prevention Forums, which will include a Question and Answer session on all related digging safely topics. Continental Breakfast included. If you have a specific topic you want discussed, please e-mail your request to: email@example.com for inclusion in the forum discussion.
The sessions might include the following topics:
- Why locates should be called prior to any digging operations in right-of-ways, easements or private property
- How the Oregon Public Utility Commission enforces these laws
- Why and how companies collect damage statistics
- Why employees of companies should understand the importance of these laws, including potential monetary impacts to a company if they violate the Dig Safely Law
- The importance of Natural Gas Pipeline Awareness